Yours Mine & Ours

The daily chaos and special moments of a typical American blended family

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Not so extreme home makeovers

As with most mountain homes (ok cabins), adequate space can be an issue. Kamden and Cash share a bedroom, and I have to be very strategic in my selection of furniture and room arrangement. We have always had a loft bed for Kamden to accommodate all of his clothes, books, and toys. The downside was that he hated sleeping in it because the height bothered him. He ended up in my bed or the couch 6/7 nights a week. After searching for a year, I finally found some kids bedroom furniture that would store all his stuff and had a bed he might actually sleep in. (PS-not my choice of comforter set...he is obsessed with anything Army).

Before:

After:

Notice the new carpet? Much nicer choice of color for a house with two crazy little boys and a puppy. (I'm wishing I'd hidden those X-Box wires. If it were up to me, the whole X-Box would be in the trash can!)

Baby's bed...pretty soon he'll need a big boy bed. I realize my labels all over everything are a little ridiculous but that's the only way I can keep it from getting out of control!

Now if I could just get all these damn toys out of the living room!


1 comment:

  1. I know ALL about toys in the family room. Our house is a 2-story, so it just makes more sense for Emme's toys to be downstairs. I hate the clutter, though! Cute job on the boys' room. :-)

    ReplyDelete