Yours Mine & Ours

The daily chaos and special moments of a typical American blended family

Friday, February 12, 2010



Here's an email I sent to Shane a couple of months ago (maybe it was near Thanksgiving time??):

I am thankful that you are a good dad. I am thankful that you make the coffee everynight. I am thankful that you love to cook. I am thankful that you like to cuddle (eventhough you pretend like you don't). I am thankful that you clean the "schmagma" off my coffee cup. I am thankful for our date nights. I am thankful that you helped me make a really cute kid. I am thankful that you bought a beautiful home for our family. I am thankful that you always put the car seat in for me (because I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to do it). I am thankful that you put up with my mental melt downs about stupid things like a messy house. I am thankful that you don't take up very much closet space. I am thankful that you do most of the grocery shopping. I am thankful that you are my best friend. I am thankful that I never have to worry about anything when you're around. I am thankful for our little family, and I am thankful for the last five years with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment