Yours Mine & Ours

The daily chaos and special moments of a typical American blended family

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Check Please!


We tried to go out to dinner on Friday night, but Cash is officially way too crazy for such activities. He climbs on the table, sticks his fingers in EVERYTHING he's not supposed to have (ex: salsa & guacamole), and escapes for the kitchen. It doesn't matter what restaurant we're in...he finds the kitchen and makes a b-line for it every time.

While I was struggling with my dine-and-dasher, I met a very lovely couple with a little girl who was about Cash's age. Her name was Chloe...a petite little lady with curly red hair and giant blue eyes. Chloe sat perfectly still in her highchair, daintily eating her finger foods. Chloe's nice parents gave me very sympathetic looks each time I ran past them (it was at least eight times) to retrieve my son. They tried not to look in horror as he picked up a piece of food from under THEIR table and ate it.

I have no interest in trying to teach him restaurant manners anytime soon. We will simply refrain from taking him out until he is at least 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment