Yours Mine & Ours

The daily chaos and special moments of a typical American blended family

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The best average birthday ever!

The weeks before my birthday were totally hectic. I worked non-stop, then went strait to Tahoe for a week of craziness. By the time my birthday rolled around, I wanted nothing more than to take a day off and get back to being Mommy (Shane had pretty much been Mister Mom for 2 weeks straight...he's the best!). I didn't want guests, I didn't want to go out to dinner, I just wanted to have a perfectly normal day. That morning we took Kamden to school, took the baby to the pediatrician, and ate a Rosa Maria's Chile Relleno Burrito (I took a picture but it looks too greasy and disgusting to share). Later, we picked Kamden up and had a meeting with his new teacher. Shane and the kids made me dinner and a cake. After a quick round of Happy Birthday I blew out trick candles (never gets old for Kamden, apparently). We practiced our times tables (third grade is going to be a BLAST..I can tell already) and went to bed nice and early.

I have been blessed by the greatest friends and family anyone could ask for. I am totally looking forward to this year...the last year of my 20's....*sigh*

Oh yeah, did I mention that Shane got me a Mac Book? Huge Boyfriend points!!

No comments:

Post a Comment