Yours Mine & Ours

The daily chaos and special moments of a typical American blended family

Saturday, October 2, 2010


I'm so excited to have found an organic food co-op in Wrightwood. I'm going split a basket with a friend for the first week, to see if can really use all of these fabulous treats. It's no secret that I am a terrible cook (when I do, in fact, try to cook). I'm hoping that learning to make the most of my basket of fresh food will challenge me to try new recipes. Here are a few of the items:

Bell Peppers
Blue Lake Green Beans
Cantaloupe
Cucumber
Lettuce
Mexican Squash
Beefsteak Tomatoes
Cherry Tomatoes
Strawberries
Zucchini
Grapes
Bosco Pears
Avocado
Chislett Oranges
Marsh Grapefruit
Carrots
Parsley

Basket pickup is accompanied by an great little farmer's market that has fresh eggs and all sorts of additional goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment