Yours Mine & Ours

The daily chaos and special moments of a typical American blended family

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Poor Doze (PS...buy pet insurance!!)


Dozer had his boys downsized last Thursday, but after a couple of days at home he just wasn't back to himself. After the third day, he started vomiting and stopped eating completely. I took him to the vet to learn that he needed emergency surgery to remove objects obstructing his intestine. Poor guy. He had gotten into Breann's jewelry box and eaten SEVERAL items. He had the emergency surgery and spent the whole night and next day at the animal hospital. I was astonished when the vet showed me the collection of items that had been in his tummy for who knows how long. He is slowly getting back to his old self, but needs a 'round the clock dog sitter to make sure he takes it easy and doesn't lick his 12" long incision.

Did I mention that I had to cough of $2,000 that very day?!? I will definitely be purchasing pet insurance. I'm kicking myself for not having done so already. I think everyone should!

No comments:

Post a Comment