Yours Mine & Ours

The daily chaos and special moments of a typical American blended family

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I have no pictures of Mother's Day, but it looked a little like this...

...except a lot worse. Way more violent throwing up and crying.
Shane's sister and I had planned a get together for their 93 year old grandmother, except she was hospitalized days before Mother's Day. We decided to have the get together anyway. It was lovely, and almost everyone in the family was there. Just as we were sitting down to eat, Cash's always happy expression turned to one of fear and bewilderment and he threw up ALL OVER me, the table, my plate, etc. We took him home where the vomiting proceeded all through the night and next day. My poor baby.

As horrible as it is to have a sick baby, it was sort of heart warming that he only wanted his "Mamma" to hold him for 12 straight hours. It reminded me of how much I love to be his Mommy even when he is whining, puking, and requiring a diaper change every 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment