Yours Mine & Ours

The daily chaos and special moments of a typical American blended family

Monday, March 22, 2010



I have nothing but time to worry about this CF thing since the test doesn't happen for another million years (or so it feels like). So I started making phone calls today. I called my prenatal OBGYN to ask if I was tested to see if I am a carrier. Apparently I was not tested...dissapointing. I called the pediatrician who treated Cash when he was born to see if he was tested at birth. The good news is that he WAS tested at birth via one of the many many many heel pricks he received. The bad news is that they won't give me the results to that test over the phone. But if it had turned up that there was any indication, based on his baby blood work, that there was a problem...wouldn't they have alerted us to it???? A parent can only hope. So I am waiting waiting waiting for those results to show up in the mail.

I found a (OB) gynecologist who I really really like. I called her (crying), and she scheduled an appt for me to come in first thing tomorrow for genetic counseling (testing). If I can rule myself out as a carrier...voila! Problem solved...crisis over. I have a PPO plan, and hopefully any genetic testing done on me will come with little/no out of pocket expense (and so what if it does...it's worth my peace of mind to just pay for the damn test).

No comments:

Post a Comment